Clafoutis are a little bit like a Dutch Baby and are usually sweet made with cherries or other fruit. This savory version pairs the sweetness of fresh cherry tomatoes with thyme, Brie, and Parmesan and is beautiful for a family brunch or light summer dinner. Serve it with a glass of sparkling wine.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12-14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons grated
- 2 ounces Brie, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
buttera 10-inch ceramic or glass baking dish (preferably round). Place the tomatoes, cut-side down into the dish, distributing evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and cream. Add flour, salt, white pepper, thyme, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the tomatoes, redistributing tomatoes as needed.
- Dot with Brie pieces and top with remaining Parmesan. Bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Clafoutis is best served the day it is baked, but it can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
About Keli Sim DeRitis
Keli Sim DeRitis is an artist, designer, passionate cook, teacher, and tour guide. Keli founded Poggi Bonsi in 2001 to share her love of European travel, food, wine, and culture. Connect with me on Google+
- Web |
- More Posts(355)