This splurge salad is full of summer flavors. Perfect for a casual dinner on the deck or as a starter for a celebration dinner.
For the Salad:
- 3 duck legs confit
- 3 ripe peaches, cut in half and pitted
- 6 cups radicchio, endive, fresh fennel (any mixture of European greens)
- 2 cups fresh cherries, berries, plums (or a mixture of all)
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds roughly chopped
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons Ritrovo Selections Cherry Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely minced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Remove skin from the duck legs, take meat off the bone, shred and set aside.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the Ritrovo Selections Cherry Balsamic and the sea salt, slowly drizzle in the EVOO, whisking all the while. Stir in the fresh rosemary and the freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Brush the cut side of the peach halves with the dressing and grill over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, turning a quarter turn half-way through, until heated through and browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
- For the salad: Place the shredded duck in a large bowl and toss with the berries and about 1/4 of the dressing.
- Place the radicchio and greens in a bowl and toss with remaining dressing.
- To assemble: Place a mound of the radicchio mixture on a plate, top with one of the grilled peach halves (cut side up), place a portion of the duck confit/berry mixture on top of the peach, scatter with some of the chopped roasted almonds and more of the salt if desired. Garnish with a fennel frond or edible flowers.