Full of the fresh flavors of spring, this dish is the perfect accompaniment to roasted meats, but makes a complete vegetarian meal as well.
- 1.5 pounds asparagus
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons Casina Rossa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fior di Maiella Spicy Bruschetta Salt
- 8 ounce ball of fresh Mozzarella, sliced into ¼” slices
- 1/4 cup Ritrovo Selections Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chiffonade (optional)
- Sea salt as desired
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Arrange asparagus and cherry tomatoes on a large non-stick baking sheet. Drizzle with Casina Rossa Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sprinkle with the Maiella Spicy Bruschetta Salt and toss using tongs.
- Roast in oven for 7 minutes, remove from oven and top asparagus with mozzarella slices. Return to oven and continue roasting for 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- Transfer asparagus with cheese to a serving platter. Top with roasted tomatoes and fresh basil. Drizzle with Ritrovo Selections Aged Balsamic Vinegar and add sea salt to taste. Serve immediately.