Romesco Sauce pairs well with any kind of fish or shellfish, but it’s especially delicious with seared scallops.
- 1 cup Romesco Sauce
- 12 sea scallops, fresh or thawed
- 2 tablespoons Poggi Bonsi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Casina Rossa Saffron Salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- Rinse the scallops. Place 2 layers of paper towels on a baking tray, lay out the scallops and cover with a 2 layers of paper towels. Gently pat the scallops until they are as dry as possible.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet and add the scallops, leaving at least ½” space between them. (Cook in batches if needed.)
- Sprinkle with saffron sald. Cook the scallops for 2 minutes, making sure not to move them or touch them at all.
- Turn the scallops over with a pair of tongs and add the butter to the pan. Let the scallops cook for 1-2 minutes more, basting the scallops with the butter.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and serve with a generous scoop of Romesco Sauce, drizzle with a little of the butter sauce and top with freshly ground pepper.