Preparation time | about 3 hours
Makes one loaf
Easy herb bread with a fancy twist.
- 2 tablespoons yeast (1 packet)
- 1 ½ cups lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons Michele Ferrante Mixed Herb Culinary Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Trampetti Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups bread flour
- Place the warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle in the yeast, let stand 15 minutes, until bubbly.
- Add the Trampetti Extra Virgin Olive oil and lightly mix with a paddle attachment.
- Mix the Michele Ferrante Mixed Herb Culinary Powder and salt with the flour and add to the yeast mixture. Mix with the paddle attachment until well combined.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes to one hour. Punch down and raise for another hour, until doubled again.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and roll each piece into a 16-inch log. Braid the logs, tucking the ends under to secure. Place on a parchment-lined baking tray, cover with a towel and let rise for 20-30 minutes more.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Cool for about 30 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with more Trampetti Extra Virgin Olive Oil