This pesto is delicious and full of strong flavors so it’s a great condiment to encourage social distancing! Serve it with pasta, gnocchi, or on top of grilled chicken or steak.
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) cubes day-old rustic bread,
soaked in ½ cup milk
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2-3 anchovie fillets
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Culinary Herb Powder by Michele Ferrante
- 1/8 teaspoon Controne Hot Pepper by Michele Ferrante
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons Trampetti extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Place bread cubes in a bowl, add milk, stir to coat bread pieces and set aside. To make this gluten-free, omit this.
- In a food processor, pulse to grind the nuts.
- Add the garlic and anchovies pulse.
- Add the bread and milk mixture, pulse until mixed.
- Add Parmesan cheese, herb powder, and Controne pepper and continue pulsing until finely chopped and mixed.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and pulse until blended.
- Season with sea salt and additional herb powder and Controne pepper to taste.
- Do not worry if the sauce looks thick, add a little of the water from cooking the gnocchi or pasta.
- Toss with gnocchi or pasta or r smear on crusty bread or grilled chicken or steak!