For the salad
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts- washed, trimmed, and halved
(or quartered, if large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup pancetta or bacon, sautéed and broken into small pieces
- 1 orange, peeled, quartered and sliced into ¼” slices
- ½ cup pickled red onion slices
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup Manchego cheese, slivered
For the dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Mix the sprouts in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread in an even layer on a parchment covered baking sheet and roast for approximately 30 minutes, or until tender and well roasted, stirring/flipping over every 10 minutes or so.
- While Brussels sprouts are still warm, transfer to a serving bowl and mix in the pancetta or bacon, orange slices, pickled red onions, and pine nuts.
- Whisk together the dressing, add salt and pepper to taste and toss with the salad.
- Just before serving, gently stir in the Manchego slivers. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.