Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 teaspoons dried orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup whole pistachios
- 3 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Stir together sugar, butter, Grand Marnier, and extracts in a large bowl, then stir in dried cranberries, pistachios, and eggs. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Chill dough, covered, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Using moistened hands, halve dough and form 2 (16-by 2-inch) loaves on an ungreased large baking sheet.
- Bake until pale golden, about 30 minutes. Carefully transfer loaves to a rack and cool 15 minutes.
- Cut loaves into 3/4-inch slices with a serrated knife.
- Arrange biscotti, with a cut side down, on a clean baking sheet and bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
If you like chocolate and pistachio, then you might want to check out The Best Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti Recipe from our friends at Foodal.