Recipe courtesy of Jennifer McIlvane www.lifeitalianstyle.com
- Chicken or beef cutlets, pounded thin (2 per person)
- Slices of prosciutto
- Sage leaves
- Flour for dredging
- Olive oil
- White wine
- Lay cutlets out flat, layer each with a prosciutto slice and sage leaves. Fold into thirds and close with a
- Season with salt and lightly dredge with flour.
- In a hot saute pan, heat oil.
- Place the saltimbocca into the pan and brown on both sides.
- Then add a little white wine, cover and let simmer until cooked – just a few minutes.
- Take the saltimbocca out of the pan and reduce sauce if necessary.