Recipe courtesy of Jennifer McIlvane www.lifeitalianstyle.com
- 500g mascarpone or ricotta cheese (about 2 ½ cups)
- 5 fresh egg yolks
- 120g sugar (about ½ cup)
- 2 tbs rum
- 1 package Savoiardi (ladyfinger) biscuits
- 2 cups strong coffee sweetened with sugar and a little amaretto liquor, cooled
- cocoa powder
- Using a mixer, beat egg yolks sugar and rum until light and fluffy. Add cheese and continue to beat
until well blended.
- Dip the biscuits quickly into the coffee mixture and line up in a baking dish or serving platter. Top
with a layer of egg/cheese mixture then cocoa powder. Repeat. Let rest in refrigerator for at least an
hour before serving.