- Makes about 24
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup all purpose flour
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup finely crumbled Gorgonzola
Ritrovo Selections Organic Apple Balsamic
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or a SilPat mat. Combine first 5 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring until butter is melted. Stir in flour; reduce heat to medium-low. Stir vigorously until mixture forms large dough clumps and film forms on bottom of saucepan, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs in medium bowl. Transfer 1 tablespoon beaten egg to small bowl and reserve. Add 1/3 of remaining beaten eggs to dough in saucepan; whisk until well incorporated. Add remaining eggs in 2 additions, stirring until eggs are completely absorbed after each addition (dough will be sticky). Mix in blue cheese.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet, forming about 24 walnut-size mounds and spacing about 1 inch apart. Using pastry brush, brush each mound with reserved egg, flattening any pointed tops.
- Bake gougères until puffed, golden brown, and dry, about 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with Ritrovo Selections Organic Apple Balsamic
Do AHEAD: Can be made up to 1 week ahead. Cool completely. Place in airtight containers and store in freezer. Rewarm on baking sheet in 350°F oven until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve warm.