For the ganache filling:
1 cup heavy cream
8 ½ ounces good quality dark chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups (about) fresh raspberries, rinsed
Fresh Mint Leaves
- For the ganache filling, break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a medium-size bowl.
- Heat the cream. When it reaches the boiling point. You can heat the cream on the stovetop or in the microwave. Remove it from the heat just as it starts to boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Stir with a heat-proof spatula till creamy and all chocolate has melted. Add the butter and stir well to incorporate.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cooled crust and refrigerate for at least one hour. Once the chocolate filling has cooled, top with raspberries, starting with the outside ring forming concentric circles as you come to the center. Refrigerate for at least four hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle the top with powdered sugar. Can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- Garnish with a dollop of whip cream, top with a fresh raspberry and a mint leaf.