For the cookies:
1 cup butter, room temperature
3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1 dash salt
2 1/2 all-purpose flour
For the filling:
1/2 cup Giandiua Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
1/2 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream lightly the butter and sugar until really fluffy and pale, about three minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- At low speed add the combined dry ingredients and mix until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Place into a Kuhn Rikon Cookie Press with a poinsettia tip, pipe onto prepared parchment lined cookie sheets, spacing two inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes just until the bottoms and edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from pans by sliding the whole piece of parchment onto a large wire rack, and cool completely.
- Mix together the Gianduia and the mascarpone cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Place filling in a pastry bag with a star tip. Filling can be used to make a sandwich cookie or simply pipe a little star in the middle of each poinsettia cookie.