Adapted from Bab’s Kitchen
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 package yeast
3 teaspoons sugar
4 teaspoons Poggi Bonsi Fine French Grey Sea Sat
1 1/3 cups warm water (110-115 degrees F.)
Manucci Droandi Chianti Classico Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add the sugar and the yeast to the warm water, let dissolve for about 10 minutes.
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl and make a hole in the middle.
- Once the yeast is ready, add it slowly to the flour mixture, stirring with a fork to mix.
- Once all the water and yeast are incorporated into the flour, turn it out onto a floured board and knead for about 10 minutes. If necessary, add more flour to the mixture.
- When the dough is ready, place it into a floured bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in a warm spot let the dough rise for about 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and knead it again. Let rise for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Brush a jelly roll pan with olive oil (just enough so the dough won’t stick. Settle the dough into the pan, working it by hand to evenly distribute. Cover entire surface with olive oil so it won’t dry out when baking and sprinkle some Italiano de Capri spice mix on top. (You can also add halved cherry tomatoes, onions, potatoes, zucchini, or other herbs and spices.)
- Let rise for about 20 minutes.
- Preheated oven to 350 degrees F. Bake bread for about 20 minutes, until golden on tops.