1 cup European butter
2 cups fine semolina flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
4 cups warm water
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
Ariadne Raw Honey with Hazelnuts
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the semolina and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly so the flour does not stick or burn.
- Add the sugar and hazelnuts cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the water and continue cooking and stirring until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the chocolate chunks and stir.
- Place a large scoop on a plate, drizzle with Hazelnut honey and sprinkle with remaining chocolate.
The Halva can also be placed in individual molds or in a bundt pan (inverted on a platter and sliced like a cake.) For extra decadence, serve with vanilla bean ice cream.