1 cup European butter
2 cups fine semolina flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
4 cups warm water
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
Ariadne Raw Honey with Hazelnuts
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the semolina and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly so the flour does not stick or burn.
- Add the sugar and hazelnuts cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the water and continue cooking and stirring until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the chocolate chunks and stir.
- Place a large scoop on a plate, drizzle with Hazelnut honey and sprinkle with remaining chocolate.
The Halva can also be placed in individual molds or in a bundt pan (inverted on a platter and sliced like a cake.) For extra decadence, serve with vanilla bean ice cream.
About Keli Sim DeRitis
Keli Sim DeRitis is an artist, designer, passionate cook, teacher, and tour guide. Keli founded Poggi Bonsi in 2001 to share her love of European travel, food, wine, and culture. Connect with me on Google+
- Web |
- More Posts(355)