Recipe developed by Keli Sim DeRitis
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, I used Argan Oil because of it’s nutty flavor.
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon sugar
⅛ teaspoon Poggi Bonsi Fine French Grey Sea Salt.
1 slightly round cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 410º.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place in a medium-sized ovenproof bowl (I use Duralex). Add the oil, water, sugar, and salt.
- Place the bowl in the oven until mixture is bubbling and just starting to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove bowl from the oven and reduce temperature to 375˚F. The bowl will be very hot so handle with a hot pad till it cools down. Immediately add the flour (stand back a bit as the mixture may sputter as flour is added). With a heat-proof spatula stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a 9″ tart mold with a removable bottom. When it’s cooled down a bit, press dough to an even layer with your fingers. I like to start with the sides and then press the remaining dough on the bottom. Use the bottom of a metal measuring cup to press evenly into the tart pan.
- Pierce the bottom and sides with a fork to prevent the tart shell from bubbling up as it bakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before filling.