1 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
2 teaspoons pure almond extract
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole almonds with skin, lightly toasted, cooled, and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup whole pistachios
3 large eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Poggi Bonsi Lemon Sea Salt
- Stir together sugar, butter, Grand Marnier, and extracts in a large bowl, then stir in almonds, pistachios, and eggs. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Chill dough, covered, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Using moistened hands, halve dough and form 2 (16-by 2-inch) loaves on an ungreased large baking sheet.
- Bake until pale golden, about 30 minutes. Carefully transfer loaves to a rack and cool 15 minutes.
- Cut loaves into 3/4-inch slices with a serrated knife.
- Arrange biscotti, with a cut side down, on a clean baking sheet and bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely.