6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, I used Argan Oil because of it’s nutty flavor.
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon sugar
⅛ teaspoon Poggi Bonsi Fine French Grey Sea Salt.
1 slightly round cup all-purpose flour
For the ganache filling:
1 1/2 cups Jr. Mints candy
1 cup heavy cream
8 ½ ounces good quality dark chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
Fresh Mint Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 410º.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place in a medium-sized ovenproof bowl (I use Duralix). Add the oil, water, sugar, and salt.
- Place the bowl in the oven until mixture is bubbling and just starting to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove bowl from the oven and reduce temperature to 375˚F. The bowl will be very hot so handle with a hot pad till it cools down. Immediately add the flour (stand back a bit as the mixture may sputter as flour is added). With a heat-proof spatula stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a 9″ tart mold with a removable bottom. When it’s cooled down a bit, press dough to an even layer with your fingers. I like to start with the sides and then press the remaining dough on the bottom. Use the bottom of a metal measuring cup to press evenly into the tart pan.
- Pierce the bottom and sides with a fork to prevent the tart shell from bubbling up as it bakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before filling.
- For the ganache filling, break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a medium size bowl.
- Place about a cup of the Jr. Mint candies in the cooled tart shell. Space them out so you get a bit of candy in each bite!
- Heat the cream. When it reaches the boiling point, remove. You can heat the cream on the stovetop or in the microwave. Remove it from the heat just as it starts to boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Stir with a heat-proof spatula till creamy and all chocolate has melted. Add the butter and stir well to incorporate.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cooled crust and refrigerate for at least one hour. Can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- Garnish with a dollop of whip cream, top with a Jr. Mint and a mint leaf.