Grazie to Jennifer McIlvane of Life Italian Style for this delicious traditional Umbrian recipe.
500g flour (about 2 ½ cups)
1 packet Lievito Piazzaiolo – 2 tablespoons baking powder
pinch of baking soda
1 glass warm water
3 tablespoons Trampetti Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tablespoons Parmigiano
pinch of salt
- Make a well with the flour and add the lievito (baking powder) and water mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix well. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, then let rest for 30-60 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls, and roll out into a round “pizza” shape.
- Place onto a hot ungreased griddle and stab with a fork. When it begins to turn dark brown flip and continue cooking until the other side is dark brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes then slice and serve with sliced salumi, greens and cheese.