Try this delicious Baklava
updated with the added flavor of
dried blueberries and
Stonewall Kitchen Maine Blueberry Honey
½ cup Stonewall Kitchen Maine Blueberry Honey
¾ cup water
1 lemon slice
1½ cups nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts or all three)
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ cup dried blueberries
20 sheets Phyllo dough
½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a sauce pan over medium-high heat combine the honey, water and lemon slice. Simmer until thickened and reduced by about half. Cool.
- In a food processor combine the nuts, sugar, cinnamon, clove, and dried blueberries. Pulse until finely ground.
- In a 9″x12″ quarter baking sheet, layer 10 sheets of Phyllo dough, brushing each with butter. Top with the nut mixture. Top nuts with the remaining 10 Phyllo sheets brushing each with butter. Score the top layer of Phyllo with a knife from corner to corner forming diamond shapes. Lines should be about 1½” apart.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Pour honey syrup over baklava. Cool, cut and serve.