This scrumptous pecan pie is gooey and delicious! The hint of citrus from the lemon and MarketSpice Cinnamon Orange Honey gives a traditional pie a little extra zest. Serve it in our elegant Emile Henry pie pan, perfect for holiday entertaining.
¼ lb butter 1 Cup sugar
3 beaten eggs
½ Cup Karo brand corn syrup
½ Cup MarketSpice Cinnamon Orange Honey
½ tsp vanilla
½ tsp lemon juice
1-2 cups of chopped or whole pecans
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
9-inch uncooked pie shell
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees
• In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan, brown butter over medium high heat to get a nice nutty aroma for the pie. Be careful not to burn it. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, syrup and honey. Using a wire whisk, blend all ingredients well.
• Add the brown butter, lemon juice, vanilla and pecans. Season with cinnamon and nutmeg. Continue to whip until all ingredients are well blended.
• Pour into pie shell and bake on center rack of oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
• Remove and allow to cool and serve with vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream.