Anchovies and give an otherwise rather pedestrian vegetable a savory, umami kick, and the lemon brings out the sweetness in the zucchini. This is a great side dish for grilled meats.
- 4 cups zucchini, grated
- 8 anchovy fillets (1 can)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp Ritrovo Selections Olive Oil with Lemon or 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus 1 tablespoon lemon zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh parsley, salt, and pepper
- Grate the zucchini, using a food processor for this is a “great” time (and fingernail) saver!
- Heat a heavy skillet and add anchovy fillets and Olive Oil with Lemon, cook until anchovies are melted, add the garlic and cook just long enough to incorporate flavors.
- Add the zucchini and cook until just tender (do not overcook). Mix in the Parmesan cheese and minced parsley and season with salt and pepper.