By admin | October 21, 2016
Makes 24-30 Suppli
1 recipe Butternut Squash Risotto with Walnuts & Gorgonzola, chilled for 8 hours or overnight.
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs beaten with 1/3 cup milk
2 cups breadcrumbs seasoned with 2 tablespoons Casina Rossa Herbs & Salt and pepper
6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, cut into 1/2″ chuncks
Oil For Frying (safflower, coconut, or peanut)
Ritrovo Selections Organic Apple Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling
- Place the flour in one shallow bowl, add the eggs and milk in another, and the breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Take a small handful of the rice and place in your palm creating an indentation in the center.
- Place a piece of cheese in the center, and wrap the rice around the cheese creating an oblong shape like a little egg.
- Continue to use up all the rice in the same manner making more suppli, placing the finished ones on a baking sheet.
- Take each rice ball and first roll in flour, then dip into the egg mixture, and finally roll in breadcrumbs.
- Return to the baking sheet, and continue to coat the remaining rice balls in the same manner.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F.
- Fry 3 or 4 rice balls at a time until crisp and golden brown.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove from the oil, and place on a tray covered in paper towels in a warm oven.
- Continue to fry the remaining rice balls in the same fashion, then serve hot and drizzle with the Apple Balsamic Vinegar.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Additional comments powered by BackType